Summer is fast approaching. Many of us are planning family vacations around the USA and abroad. Did you know you can straighten your teeth the entire time without wearing clunky metal braces? Invisalign and Invisalign Go allow you to discreetly straighten crooked teeth, overbites, underbites, and more. If you thought you had to wait until after the summer vacation rush to start tooth straightening treatment, think again!
Invisalign is Convenient & Discreet
Invisalign came out of a need for a change in thinking regarding teeth alignment technology. Developed by university college students who saw a need for improvement in how dentists straightened patients’ teeth. One student, who was undergoing his Orthodontic treatments, felt the entire process of using traditional braces was:
- Too expensive
- Required too many visits for adjustments
- Was embarrassing at any age, but most especially as an adult or young adult
- Hurt overall tooth health as it was impossible to floss and brush properly
- Looked bad and left people self-conscious
For decades upon decades, people used traditional metal braces. This led to different problems that were unrelated to misaligned teeth. People would finish a 2-year treatment plan wearing braces 24 hours a day, only to find out they developed cavities, gingivitis, and stains around the areas where the braces fastened. Not a good feeling! Traditional braces are expensive and take many Orthodontic visits and adjustments, not to mention they can take twice as long as Invisalign.
Invisalign Allows You to Maintain Your Dental Hygiene
Traditional braces had flaws that led to the development of better alignment technology. One of the main drawbacks in the eyes of patients and dentists alike was how braces fastened to teeth. Traditional braces are semi-permanently glued directly to the teeth. This leaves patients unable to clean large portions of the teeth for the entire duration of the treatment. Dentists and patients were left with a zero-sum game in terms of dental hygiene during treatment. Do nothing and misaligned teeth can get worse and carry their problems. Use braces and patients can face serious setbacks in overall tooth and gum health including cavities and other issues. Dentists noticed that many patients who never had a cavity came out of traditional braces with cavities, cracks, and holes in the teeth.
Invisalign was Designed for the Modern World
Invisalign has improved on the model from traditional braces in every way. Let’s look at the main changes when comparing Invisalign or Invisalign GO to traditional braces:
- Discreet and “invisible”. This makes them ideal for school-age patients as well as adults who don’t want to have a “metal mouth”.
- Are worn 22 hours a day. You remove Invisalign to eat, drink, and clean your teeth (brushing, flossing, and rinsing).
- Treatment times are shorter than traditional braces. When traditional braces can take a minimum of two years, Invisalign can work in as little as 12 months for some patients.
- Require fewer dental visits for adjustments. Traditional braces required visits for adjustments every 4-6 weeks. This is too expensive and too time-consuming for the modern world.
- Self-Conscious children, teens, or adults won’t be embarrassed by Invisalign. You wear them in plain sight, they are nearly invisible. This means you won’t be worried about first dates, job interviews, or meeting with family and friends (at any age!).
- Cost less than traditional braces. More than the time saving and better dental hygiene is the fact that Invisalign typically costs less than traditional braces. This just adds to the list of benefits.
Looking for Invisalign Treatment in Coney Island NY?
Finding the right Invisalign dentist in NYC shouldn’t be too difficult. Here at Coney Island Dental, we specialize in preventative and cosmetic dentistry and are proud to offer our patients the best teeth-alignment technology available today. If you live in the 11224 zip codes, we are here to get you started on the path to perfectly straight teeth today.
Give us a call, and let’s schedule your free no-obligation appointment today.